The leaves are beginning to change color and there is an invigorating briskness to the air; take advantage of the ideal conditions to tackle some outdoor maintenance with this checklist.
- Remove, clean and store your outdoor furniture and accessories
- Prepare for a summer’s busy outdoor entertaining schedule by sanding and staining deck and patio surfaces now
- Spruce up your landscaping by replacing mulch or rocks and planting hardy bushes that can withstand colder temperatures. Fall is also a great time for grass to take root, so consider reseeding any sparse areas.
- Clean your gutters before the weather makes it more difficult, removing all debris so that water from rain and melting snow can drain properly.
- Get a jump start on your holiday decorating and minimize exposure to harsh elements by hanging your Christmas lights now!
While it may be tempting to hang out indoors and watch football, you’ll be glad you took care of these tasks while the weather was nice. Happy autumn from Leritz and Busy Bee!