Full Depth Reclamation
Full depth reclamation is an asphalt recycling process in which all of the pavement and some of the underlying material is pulverized and treated with an additive to produce an improved, stabilized base.
Step 1: Pulverize
- All pavement and some underlying material is pulverized and combined with the rock base.
Step 2: Treat
- An additive is evenly distributed on the pulverized materials. A second pulverization is done to incorporate the additive and to create the stronger, improved base.
- Step 3: Re-grade
- The modified base must be regraded in preparation for the new asphalt surface.
Step 4: Pave
- A traditional asphalt surface is placed on the recycled and improved base.
- Full Depth Reclamation can be less expensive alternative to traditional methods of repair, which often include major excavation.
A Green Alternative
- Choosing full depth reclamation reduces the impact on the environment by keeping the excavated material out of area landfills and keeping trucks off the road.
- The overall project timeline is reduced, keeping your business open!